How do I hook my Wii up to the internet?

I'm making myself crazy here! We have tried the code on the Belkin router. We have went on the Belkin site and tried the PSK code and NOTHING. Should I buy a USB connector? My computer/router is in the basement. My Wii is upstairs!

Izsarejman

Asked by Izsarejman at 8:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Technology

• You may have to set up a different wireless account with a different password. We had to try 3 different accounts AND get a thingy to strengthen the wireless signal before it worked. It was a huge pain in the behind to get it figured out how to do it, much less get it done!
    Anonymous

• We have ours connected to a wireless router, no cables etc to the wii. Go on Nintendo.com and you can get instructions.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 8:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• We have a router too. Just like a laptop. I'm wondering what I am doing wrong!
    Izsarejman

Comment by Izsarejman (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Wonderful. Thanks. I'll keep trying. Maybe my router is just being a PITA.
    Izsarejman

Comment by Izsarejman (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Do you have wireless in your home?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, we have a Belkin router. My husband has no problem hooking his laptop up to it and if anyone comes over and uses their laptop they can get online. I don't think the fact the router is in the basement and the Wii is upstairs should have anything to do with it.
    Izsarejman

Comment by Izsarejman (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• if you have a wireless connection it should be able to list it and then you just pick it good luck!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It lists it but it won't connect to it. I entered the Pin from the router bottom and I entered a PIN I found from the support site. Grrrrr. Maybe some things just weren't meant to be!
    Izsarejman

Comment by Izsarejman (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011