Starting preschool

At what age does a kid start pre school and how do you enroll your kid in school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son was 2.5 years old when he started just 2 days/week from 9-11.30. I called around and asked fellow moms about good preschools. Ultimately after looking at 20 preschools, we decided to go private. Most kids start at 3 years or 4 years.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My dd started local public school pre-k program at 4, just check w your county school system.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 8:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I called around to different preschools in the area. After I chose the one I wanted to send my son to, I filled out an application and paid the tuition. My son was just turned 5 when he started preschool. His birthday is the day before the cut off to start kindergarten. I thought he could use the extra year. It really helped.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011