When DH says no

What would you do? Your bro needs your help and asks you to babysit his sweet cat for a while and is willing to drive 6hrs to drop her off but DH says no. We already have 2 dogs and a cat and our cat has wrecked our house.
But me, I would do it in a second to helep him out.

dharmagirl

Asked by dharmagirl at 8:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• i just pout till he says yes
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• LOL
    dharmagirl

Comment by dharmagirl (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• keep on begging. and say you can just put ur bros cat in a cage or your cat w.e.
    bronxbaby000

Answer by bronxbaby000 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• How has your car wreck your house? Anyway, its not like u are bringing a cat home permanently. plus it might give your cat a welcome distraction and be able to make a friend and then they can torment the dogs together!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's his house, too, and you wouldn't want him to press it if roles were reversed, would you? I think your brother may need to find a cat kennel while he's away, or find someone to come feed and do litter.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't know how things work in your house but in mine my husband rarely to ever tells me NO. When he says NO, he means No, No discussion. In 30 years..maybe 4 times. So for me it would be no way. You already have an established animal family...bringing a new cat in the mix could be a really bad idea. The other three may gang up on the new visitor..or the three could start acting out out of jealousy. They are so much like kids when you bring a new baby home.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would tell my brother sorry but we can't help you this time. Introducing a new animal into a group of animals can be a huge issue and if my husband didn't want the hassle then why push it? If he asked you to do something and you really didn't want to you would find it hugely disrespectful for him to "pout" or argue until you where so annoyed you gave in, wouldn't you?
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I love cats, and I love my cat, but I would not push this on my DH. There are other options out there for your brother.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 8:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I wouldn't push it on my Husband. If He isn't down with it, bro needs to figure something else out. Why? Because it's my Husband's house, too..but.most of all, He deserves a say in things and to be respected.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Is a cat really worth a fight in the household?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011