Anybody have this happen to them, pregnancy problems? adult content

OK. my last period was Nov 24. Between Dec 1st and Dec 10th, we had sex 3 times. I noticed that my period didnt show up on Dec 21-23 (can go anywhere from 28 to 30 days). I took a test on wednesday Dec 29th at night and came back positive. I took one the next morning just to make sure it was right and it was. Dec 31st at night i started to bleed but it was brownish blood (so i wasn't so nervous). I woke up Saturday Jan 1st with bright red blood. I told my husband to get me some more pregnancy tests to see if i may have miscarried. He got a 3 pack of digital ones. I took one that night and said pregnant. The blood got heavier and i took another test on sunday morning and it was positive. so on Sunday night i called the doctors to find out what to do. they said wait til 2morrow morning to see if i could get in. I woke up Monday (today) morning and took the last test, which came out positive. So for roughly i have been bleeding for 3 days and its just like my period... dark and clots. I then had a blood test done. The doctor said it came back as 10 (which she says was negative). I was just looking around online and came across something about quant blood test... if its over 10 its positive. O, and yeah i have no pain like cramping or anything. So i am trying to figure out what the hell is up. My husband thinks its kind of odd that i have done 5 tests all positive (one actually this morning) and that blood test came back negative same day. I just wanna know if anyone has ever had anything like this? And if so were you still pregnant or did you miscarry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not sure whats going on but i will bump it
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 8:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Today's tests are sensitive at detecting a very small amount of hcg. It's possible to be in the process of a m/c and still test positive on a home pregnancy test. I had a m/c at the end of the first trimester and actually tested positive on blood tests for almost two weeks, because until the m/c is complete there will still be hcg in your system. That being said, basing the viability of the pregnancy on one beta hcg test seems hasty- I would ask for another blood test in 48 hours. Generally, in a viable pregnancy the quantitative hcg test will roughly double. If you don't see that doubling, the pregnancy is a lot less likely to be viable.

Sorry you are going through this. I know it sucks. I've had bleeding in two successful pregnancies and bleeding with one m/c. I never went through this because my m/c was later... I can tell you my hcg was a lot higher but rising very, very slowly at 11 weeks when diagnosed.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Ooops- in a viable pregnancy the quant beta hcg should roughly double in 48 hours. I didn't specify the time frame, sorry about that! Like I said, when I had bleeding in healthy pregnancies I still had good quantitative beta hcgs... when I had a m/c, my beta hcgs looked rotten even before the bleeding started. I would ask for the second blood test in 48 hours. Again, so sorry you have to deal with this, I know it's tough!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would say you are miscarrying. Home pregnancy tests are senestive and can detect even the slighest amount of HCG. The blood test is the most accurate. Until an M/c is completely you will have slight amount of HCG in ur system. I'd agree with the PP and ask to be tested again. If the numbers double then ur pregnancy is probaly viable. I have never had a m/c but my mother has and went threw the same thing. I am sorry you are goin threw this. good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• since you were obviously pregnant the hormones in the urine take longer to get out of the system, so it could be a week before you get a negative test because it's still getting out of your body. with a blood test coming back negative and a such a low number then you probably had a m/c.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The hormone stays in your urine longer than it stays in your blood. So a blood test can come up negative the same day a urine test comes out positive.

That being said, a 10 is positive. Anything over 2 is considered positive. Get your blood checked again in two days, and see if it doubled.

Most urine tests require at least 25 to turn positive. Most digitals require 100 to turn positive. Most pregnancies will be at 100 by the time a missed period happens, but that doesn't happen all the time. Check out this website for more info. :)

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm sorry your going through this... I went through that... but I was miscarrying... it still showed up positive for a few days...
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Sounds like a miscarriage. HCG is made by the placenta and as long as that is still inside you, you will continue to get a positive on a test. At least until everything dies off and passes out of your body.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2011