v.reader or Tag learning system???

does your child have one or both of them what one would you say is better for a 5 and a half year old???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No. My son doesn't have either. I would think a V Reader would be better for a 5 1/2 year old.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• my dd is 4 and she loves her v.reader ,If you buy an sd memory card you can go online and get free books for it ....I really recommend(another option) the ipod touch if you have wireless internet because you can download plenty of games for free (educational ones too) more than the vreader it's worth the money because you can charge it and don't need batteries !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My kids are older, with the youngest being 8, but i recommend going to the apple store near you. they have fantastic young reader programs that my kids have used for years.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• just bought the tag reader this xmas for ds (also 5 - sept b-day) and he doesnt wanna play with it - i even got the spiderman book! he isnt interested even though he can earn rewards through the leapfrog webpage. i would not recommend it --- i also thought it sounded out words! it doesnt except with one book - the most boring one with the leapfrog as the main character... waste of money to me. i dont have the other one... he does love his leapster2 and has learned a lot of random skills from it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011