Dr. Browns Bottle?

So I decided to try a new bottle with my 6 week old son since hes been spitting up so much! He refuses to take a Dr. Brown bottle..and we noticed that the level 1 which is designed for newborns has a very fast drip compared to the drop ins bottle we've been using. The drip seems to be almost as fast as the Fast Level in Drop Ins. so its too much for him to take. Has anyone else had this problem with the drip being too fast?

SweetPoison

Asked by SweetPoison at 8:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I loved them and they made my little man feel so much better. He cried for the first 6 months of his life. The bottles helped. Try to get him to like them.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son had acid reflux and I tried Dr. Brown. I discontinued after I realized they had the highest content of BPA in their bottle than any other bottle on the market :( So I switched to a brand that was BPA free and good for reflux. I had to special order it and they averaged out to be $12 a bottle and they also transitioned into a sippy cup and then finally into a regular cup.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My son spit up a lot and I tried Dr. Brown and didn't notice a difference. I thought they were a waste of money.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My dd refused them, wouldn't even attempt it. Try the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature for colic, Tommee Tippee has to be the best brand I have found for bottles, and they aren't that expensive.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I loved Doc Brown bottles! My youngest was a preemie, and the nurses in the NICU were amazed at how well they worked for him. (He was fed 20 ML's at a time). I never noticed them dripping too fast, we used them until he was weaned at 12 months.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i didnt like the Dr Browns because they were too big (then again i never got the little ones)

i used the drop ins with my son and pushed the air out and it worked for us
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i hated dr browns.. i LOVED nuby brand bottles.. you can find them at walmart or online at babybungalo.com.. they are spill proof and work amazing!!!!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My dd didnt have spit up, but major gas pain. The Dr. Browns seemed to leave my dd's bibs soaked. I like my Evenflo bottles:-)
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ive used the dr browns for about 11 months and they are great! ive never noticed a fast drip on them!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011