What are some ways you make friends?

Strange question, I know, especially since we are all grown ups and I should know how to do this by now. But I have always been pretty shy and very self sufficient, so I don't have many friends. Problem is, I am beginning to get very bored and a little lonely. We will be moving in a few months, so what are some ways you like to meet new people?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am the same way. I am a shy person. I have a couple of friends but that's it. I use cafemom to meet new people.. But those friends are just in my computer. :)
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I work so most of the friends I make are ones from there. If it wasn't for that I'm not sure how I would...thank goodness I work! lol. I would go insane staying at home. I have to stay busy:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I'm terrible to answer this one since I have relied on hubby to be the charismatic one. He'd make the friends and I'd chime in until I break out of my shell. I'd jump into a conversation by a compliment of something we'd have in common that would lead to advice on what THEY would be interested in sharing. Hearing them talk seems to be a kick that gets their attention. Otherwise, its mommyhood that gets the foot in the door. Play dates or activities. Simple conversation can go in either direction...just gotta figure out which way you want it to pursue it.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I didn't start making new friends until my oldest started kindergarten. Then we moved, so now I'm making new friends with Moms at our boys school. It's taken a little while, but it's nice because we all have a lot in common. I also have made friends with my Hubby's friends wives , girlfriends, etc. I have always gotten along better with males than females so I stick to only a couple women friends because most of them are so caddy, and want to gossip all the time. That's just not my thing.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2011