kelibas (spelling) its like a cold sausage....

What do i do with them and do u have to warm it up or what thanks!

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 12:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I have never had it cold, I would think it needs to be reheated to kill bacteria. I make it from time to time, either boil it and serve it as it or you can fry it up with green peppers and onions and toss it on roll.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• how do u spell it ? lol thanks
    tiggerneeyore

Answer by tiggerneeyore at 12:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I cut it up fry it then add boiled perogies and sauerkraut yumalicious!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I love that stuff , i like to boil mine though
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 2:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• u can eat it cold its precooked but we cut it up fry it a littl and put it in a crock pot with barbecue sauce or i cut it up and mix it with my sauce for my lasagna we cut them up like hot dog length and fry them and put them on hot dog buns with our favorite condiments i fry it with potatoes onions and carrots to make a small meal out of it there are soo many differnt things you can do
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I love putting it in split pea soup, or lentils.. yum. The other day I used one to make ''hotdogs'' with a ton of sauerkraut.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can eat it cold, because it's already smoked. It's really good if you split it and grill it, basting with bbq sauce!! Also, I like making it with sauerkraut...it's tasty that way! Served with mashed taters...bangers & mash :) It is also surprisingly good if you cut it into thin slices and fry it up in a pan...you won't need to add any oil... and then mix it into mac & cheese.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I slice them up and fry them in the electric skillet till they are browned, then serve them with potatoes and greenbeans.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• my mom always mixed it in with scalloped potatoes. i love that stuff, it's been years since i had it...
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• See if it says on the package if it is fully cooked. If it doesn't say, then I'd cook it. I like to brown it in a skillet and add a can of sauerkraut. If you have any leftover baked or fried potatoes that can go in too, and onions. Yummm.

Answer by Bmat at 7:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008