How many words should a 19 month old be able to say?

Kalibmommy

Asked by Kalibmommy at 9:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://pages.uoregon.edu/asqstudy/

Here's a link to a complete developmental assessment you can do online. It includes a language, motor skills, and social and emotional development.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It really depends my 2 and half year old when he was that age could speak sentences but my daughter is just now 18 months old and can say about 20... maybe lol.. some you cant understand unless you have been around her alot.. it just depends every child developes differently
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• every child is different. sometimes they have their own words for things and mine was talking two languages but the doctor didn;t count that in her word count so it depends on your child. i think if they are developmenting their own language and can communicate to you their needs that is a good start. i think mine was doing 15 by 18months but like i said not all were one language.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think it's something like 10-50 words...a very broad range.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• when my son was 18 mos he could count to 10 in 4 languages and use sign language as well as speak about 40-50 words
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Every child is different. My son had few words at 18 months. My daughter at 18 months has over 100.(if you count proper names) If your concerned ask your peditrician they will be able to help you out.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011