vitamans.

I take to multis a day. I have been super tired, someone said it could be too many vitimans. I googled it and got mixed answers any nurses or doctors out there that can tell me if the two vits are making me tired all the time?
all my bloodwork is normal, and I AM NOT PREGO!

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• I would check and double check the effect of taking too much of either before taking them. High levels of some vitamins can be extremely bad for you. Read up on it before you do.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What vitamins are you taking.. B12 is the one you want to be taking for energy and also C too.. I take a womens 1 a day it usually doesnt make me tired..
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I take two walmart (equate brand) daily complete
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That's one of the worst brands you could be taking, for one.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried taking just 1 pill a day for a while instead of two? If after a week there is no change in your fatigue level, I would look for another solution. I take multis along with plenty of other supplements & have never had a problem, but then again, I usually take less than the recommended amount. I do find, however, that my water intake makes a big difference with my overall wellness & energy levels. Plenty of sleep & plenty of water... past that, there are too many variables for this little box! :)
    Oh! You might try adding D3 for the duration of the winter months... the lack of sun makes us more tired & depressed.
    CrunchyCarol

Answer by CrunchyCarol at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• thanks ladies, I will try b12 and more D.
    but anon, why is that the worst brand? just wondering. it says compare to centrium.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Crunchy is right. Your body is 75% water if you dont drink enough then you will be fatigued and tired... and Im not sure why it would be the worst brand to be taking.. its off brand just cheaper but has the same vitamins as the expensive ones so I am curious too as to why you said that :)
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I work with the elderly in there homes. I drink at least 1 coffee mug full of water at each house. I am there about two hours each. so I drink about 3 of them a day, plus my fluids at home. I am starting to think it is just the winter cause in the summer i am always walking, biking, outside..so my body is moving and winter..well is blah! for me since I don't do the gym thing.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011