What can i feed my picky eater she chews up all meats and spits them out and always saying what she dnt want. She's only three and got a mind out of this world and sometimes i have to desguise what she eat so she wont notice what it is and i cant spank her all the time sometimes she have a fit when i make her eat something she dnt want.

NO NEGATIVES PLEASE !

noka22

Asked by noka22 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• please don't make her eat something she doesn't want. that leads to eating disorders later in life. and certainly do NOT spank for not eating something!!! She wont starve to death. try and make it a healy week not just the day. I am sure there is a textural problem not flavor that she doesn't like. take notes on what textures she will eat! Reward POSITIVE behavior!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If she doesn't like meat, oh well! Will she eat hamburger in spaghetti? Anything at all? It's just a phase, don't worry about it too much. Don't force her, it won't help anything. If she likes veggies, give her double serving of those instead of veggies. If she's low on protein, look for other forms of protein instead of meat. Give her a meal on her plate, whatever you make for the family & just give her a couple bites of meat to eat. If she won't eat it, just ignore it & ask her to eat the rest on her plate. If she won't, no other choices & nothing else after dinner.
    luvr4ula

Answer by luvr4ula at 1:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• From the time our boys were old enough to eat solid food I didn't give them a choice. They ate what I made, no questions. If you give them the ability to tell you they don't want it, they won't try it and then they have you in the palm of their hand. You're the parent, if you tell her to eat, and she throws a fit, then she stays there until she eats it. I'm sure you're not making anything that's horrible, or that's going to harm her, so she eats what everyone else eats, or she goes to bed hungry. I haven't met a child yet that likes to go hungry. If you keep giving in and letting her have her way, it's going to be a long road.
    Our boys love what I cook, have never refused to eat anything I fix, aren't overweight fastfood kids. They love veggies, fruits, and all kinds of different types of food.... You just can't give in. Sorry if my answer seemed negative.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Maybe. It is the texture of the meat. Becausewith my son if the meat is too tough and the peice of meat is too big he will chew it to get the flavor off of it and spit it out. So maybe cutting smaller pieces of meat will work.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 9:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• thanks ppl i mean she eat whatever i fix and she loves viggies but its just the meats and think it is the texture because she will eat chicken and whatever she see me eat but she likes to put ranch and ketchup on things and if something taste really good she will eat it but i just get tired of feeding the same thing over and over i try to switch it up sometimes.
    noka22

Comment by noka22 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Put a variety of foods on her plate, and if she doesn't eat something then let it go. If she consistently leaves the same food on the plate, stop giving that food to her. If she consistently leaves a large amount on her plate, give her less. Don't act pissed about it. You cannot force a child to do something they do not want to do and in this case you shouldn't try it either. chefjen hit it right on the head with her post. You wouldn't want someone to spank you or force you to eat something you didn't like would you?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i get that but sometimes you dnt always have a choice of what you want to eat but she's a child and she's gonna eat whatever i feed her and im not gonna watch her tell me what she dnt want when she not paying for it. And i give her different things and let her pick what she want sometimes i know she has to grow and learn to make her own decisions as being independent but you cant always get what you want just cause you dnt like something.
    noka22

Comment by noka22 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011