going to be 2 and wont go to sleep on his own!

Every night my SO and I have to take my son for a car ride to get him to fall asleep... If we do this he will fall asleep by 8:30/9, if we dont he wont go to sleep until 11...

What can I do???
Crying it out isnt an option. We live with my mom and she never let me CIO, so if I try to let him she yells at me and shell go in the room and get him herself.
IDK what to do! Such a waste of gas and we lose our patience so easily.... :(

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• start a bed time routine. bath, books and times always the same, lay with him a little while and make sure his afternoon naps are not too long or too close to bed time. It will happen, you neeed patience.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try a special blanket or toy. Mason had problems for awhile and this has seemed to help. When he does cry it is now just for 3 or so minutes thankfully.
    dubes

Answer by dubes at 9:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I had him on schedule and he would go to sleep if I laid next to his crib holding his hand or with my hand on his back, Then we went out of town and he got out of wack and never recovered....
    He doesnt just cry he screams bloody murder and starts hyperventalating....

I cant keep naps during the day routine because I work during the day and dont get off until 8pm...
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011