This is WHY I HATE the Vote Downs and Vote Ups- how about you?

I (ME) asked a question about active bulemia. momofone was kind enough to answer my question, not once but three times. Someone voted her down. She thought it was me. This is WHY I HATE VOTE DOWNS. Why should someone think that I would vote them down for answering my question. She may feel she cannot never answer another question I ask. Does this make sense?

Just for the record EVERYONE- I never vote anyone down, rather everyone gets a vote up for answering my questions!

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I totally agree with you on this one. Anyone can be passing by this post, not care to leave a comment and in reading some of the replies down vote someone. All of the sudden the reply person thinks its the poster down voting them. It is a stupid feature and one that should be done away with..ok cm?
    Anonymous

• yeah i dont really like the down votes because if you say something someone doesnt like or agree with they vote you down even if you arent being mean
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Gets me. People vote down for the dumbest reasons. I only vote down if the comment was cruel.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i don't even know if you can vote on your own question. But I would never Bash the questioner if I got an answer voted down. It just means they dissagree with that answer
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• The most common reason for voting down seems to be "I don't agree with you, so rather than discuss my point of view in a civilized manner, I'm going to vote you down and then post an anonymous response calling you an idiot." Yeah, I'll probably get voted down for that statement, but I don't care.

I usually vote down if the answer is rude, uninformative, poorly written (meaning it's so bad that I can't figure out what they're trying to get across), or just plain stupid. If I don't agree with someone, I usually say something or ignore it.

I've also gone and voted up people who seem to have been voted down out of spite. I'll see a response with a down vote, and I'll see absolutely no reason for it to have been voted down, so I vote it up. I figure it balances things out somehow.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I never even vote up ordown on my question...if she thinks you did it she is just ignorant.....i wouldn't even care what she thought! Peopleget too worked up about these answes and question and the voting ups and downs.I simply do it out of boredom.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• why would she think it's you, when everyone has the ability to vote down anyone's answers???
    I don't like the vote downs because they can be abused....that's the only reason.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean, I answered a question and said 6 weeks resuming love making this is what I was told by my doctor and got voted down. To tell you the truth I am not answering questions like that anymore. I know that every doc is different I think that is the norm. I know I am not a doctor but come on, I think we have all heard of the 6 week mark. I am really just getting very annoyed at some of the ladies. I feel like at times on here some not all are not acting very adult like and just want to be rude. To me this is not what this site is about. Again just my opinion. I am not trying to start a debate.
    Anonymous