Quick question a about rice cereal1!!!!!

How much of rice cereal should I add to my baby's 6 ounce bottle of formula? This is her first time trying it in the bottle. She won't take it in a bowl being spoon fed, already tried with fruits. She is 6months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• one tablespoon per 8 oz. to start.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• thank youu!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• You shouldn't put it in her bottle. Just keep trying to feed her on the spoon she will get it.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• its not made to put in a bottle.

if she wont take it on a spoon, she either doesnt like it, or isnt ready yet
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• None.

Nutritionally, it's the equivalent to plaster. It's very low in calories, very difficult to digest and made out of the cheapest ingredients available on the planet.

Any 'fortified' cereal has the potential to overdose when used in combination with formula that already has as much of a nutrient that a baby needs. Nothing should EVER be added to formula, it's formulated for optimal health and is a delicate balance of proteins, sugars, fibers vitamins and minerals.

If she's not developmentally ready for solids, hiding fake food in her healthy food isn't going to help anything.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• NONE! NEVER put cereal in a baby's bottle! If she won't take it off a spoon...well try it for yourself, it's disgusting and totally unnecessary! Wait another month and try real foods, not that jarred crap.
    Anonymous

• AVOCADO is a great starter food.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• None. If she's a normal, healthy baby, she doesn't need it. I know this probably isn't what you were looking for, but I mention it because many people believe that babies NEED infant cereal. They don't. And if she won't take it via spoon, why do you think she will take it from the bottle? And, I know it's none of my business, but why do YOU think she needs it?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Yeah I would agree none.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• None. Your child doesn't need cereal, it is nasty anyways. If you have to put her on food try regular baby food. It will not be perfect at first and there will a big mess but, food is for experimenting at this age anyways not nutrition.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011