cough medicine question

I hate medicine side effects, it really freaks me out.. I took Nyquil and thought I was dying when my legs felt weak and weird...

Anyways.. I was prescribed promethazine-codeine syrup.. 1 teaspoon... Does this fuck you up? I literally have the coughing sensation all the time, and hold it back, so obviously in need of something.. I'm also on Azithromycin and an inahler.. should I just stick to those two instead of trying the cough syrup?

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• it might make you sleepy...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I would only take the cough syrup at night before bed. Take the other stuff during the day.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My oldest child had been prescribed that before, it didn't do anything to her, but she was only to take it at bedtime - the codeine makes you sleepy. It helped her relax and fall asleep more than anything. If you're worried, take half a dose at bedtime and see how you feel in the morning.
    Anonymous