Would you leave your child with a child care provider you found on craigslist???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I babysit a little girl 2 days a week. Her mother found me on CL so there are people who do. And it works out well, just like in our case.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• after i did referral checks, back ground checks and got to know them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• More than likely, no.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No. I don't leave my baby with anyone except Grandpa and Grandma He is 2 and a half and they had to really earn my trust for that privilage.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I personally wouldnt no matter how much i checked their background etc.

i only feel comfortable personally, leaving my LO with family i TRUST... not being all family either.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No way in he**. I have family (well, DH's family) that I don't trust my kids with - we have friends we trust more than some "family". The one and only time I hired a neighborhood teenager to babysit (for only about 1 hour at a time) things didn't go well.
    Anonymous

• I know that in my area a lot of licensed daycares advertise on craigslist. So if that was the case, yes after I went through the normal interview/investigation process. As far as a unliscenses private caregiver, maybe if I was able to do a thourough enough investigation and reference, such as if they had previously worked at a daycare and I was able to confirm that and get a satisfying referral(one that I was sure wasn't just fluff).

That being said I rarely have my son in anykind of outside care, though he does go to a playcare and loves it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Try sittercity.com

For the record, I haven't, but I would consider using it if needed.
    Anonymous

• I would check references, talk to other parents that are currently using their care, and do a background check. Craig's List in general scares me off; there are so many freaks and weirdos that use that site.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• No, at least not without a background, licensee number, last inspection results. I want to know that my child is safe and craig's list doesn't do any checks on the validity of any claims or advertisements.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:17 PM on Jan. 4, 2011