Checking your cervix?

How do you do this and what does it show? I know it has something to do with ttc but not sure what...

SaraR216

Asked by SaraR216 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Never checked my cervix and never will. That is weird
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's actually NOT weird. It's completely normal. I check mine everyday as a birth control or TTC method to detect fertility.

When the cervix is low, hard, and closed you are NOT fertile. When it is HIGH, SOFT and OPEN you are fertile.

Why allow God knows how many nurses and doctors to stick their fingers inside you and check your cervix and refuse to check it yourself. It's a very liberating experience to learn to chart your body's fertility signs.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't think it is weird either, I just don't get how to do it really lol. I found some information on it by googling it and am going to try to figure it out I think it will help with ttc.
    SaraR216

Comment by SaraR216 (original poster) at 1:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2011