I've seen the END of the WORLD!

I'm having a vision ... wait ... YES!

I see the world blowing up!!

I also see the number 42!

Now there is a Bowl of Petunias and a TOWEL?

The world has been ending for 1000s of years. I swear, every year there is some new prediction. Just to make this a debate ... in your opinion, why do people keep believing these doomsday predictions?  

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 10:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Good Question!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It's that stupid mayan calender that has a lot of people worked up.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Wasn't there a whale, too?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• If it does I would appreciate it if would be quick and painless... My lifes been long and painful at times so that would be a nice change!! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• OMG!! Linda!! Were we having the SAME vision??? Only those who TRULY believe will see the WHALE!! Do you HAVE your TOWEL?? 

SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Hey I've seen that same vision. Only there are dolphins singing about fish......
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• hahaha, you guys are so bad... Hell I got enough to worry about without adding "the end of the world" bit.. Hell, If I can't change it I don't worry about it PERIOD !!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• 36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36

so no, i dont believe the doomsday predictions :) i think it could happen sometime in my lifetime but no one will ever REALLY know until it happens :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My personal theory I just made up:

The world has a few too many egomaniacs who believe if they are going to die, the rest of the world should go with them (helps explain the shorter-visioned people who commit murder-suicide). Since they have no idea when their death will occur, they convince themselves that some big giant cataclysm will take care of it. Why not go out with a huge bang?
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am happy with my life HERE on earth NOW....I am not looking to be swept up and called back to the Lord or seeing the "end of times"....I am happy with the present...with NOW.\
    I think unhappy people are hoping that the end is near because they think it will be better for them, They are hoping that they will be happy after they die.....wow....I would rather not ignore the present . Some just want to escape the reality of their lives here on earth and live with one foot in the afterlife/heaven.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2011