hair falling out please help

I had pcos and because of that my hair has been falling out like crazy I am in treatment for the PCOS but still im loosing my hair I tried a shampoo called ookisa and that worked for a month I did not loose hair and it was soft and silky but it is really expensive,($110 for a 15 days treatment) I bought again on ebay but this time did not help at all :( maybe because I did not bought the entire treatment. im tired to be like a cat shedding everywere its embarrasing when I get invited anywhere because my hair ends up in their furniture or worst if I use a white shirt I have to check myself often because it will be hairs on my back or shoulders I heard about another japanese treatment called shiseido it seems more affordable than the ookisa but I wonder if anyone her have used it and if it helps at all.

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• im a cosmetologist also, i wouldnt shave my head but i would get regular trims ( i dont know how severe your hairloss is but trimming the hair with a blunt cut can make hair appear thicker) But i do agree with the wigs (some are very fun!!) Or maybe extentions if your hairloss isnt too severe. Hats are very in right now...maybe a cute beret ! it is winter. Hugs woman...your dealing with something pretty unfair . I hope you can figure something out..Good luck, let us know how you make out!!
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Hugs, I am so sorry for your frustation and pain. I am a Cosmetologist and one solution that I can see right now given the circumstances is to shave your hair until you are done with treatments. There is not alot you can do to deter this from happening. There are alot of products out there that "claim " to be a magical cure and they are not. The great thing is there are wigs, hats and bandanas that could help during the interum. It would atleast help with the curent problem and the hair will grow back.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• it worked for my brother years ago, he tried rogaine when he started to go bald. I see now they have it for women and my sister who is losing a bit of hair too wants to try it. Hope all goes well.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• oh, i meant to add to speak to your doctor before trying anything. xoxo
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Stress can also make your hair fall out. I do know that sometimes anemia and thyroid conditions can affect your hair. You should talk to your doctor.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What is PCOS that you're being treated for?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Try Nioxin. It helps stimulate your hair follicles. Good luck!
    abra

Answer by abra at 5:19 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• PCOS is PoliCistyc Ovaries Syndrome one of the symptoms is to have to much androgens (male hormones) and that causes a lot of issues like weight gain usually very fast , missed or irregular periods, facial hair and also hair loss, and other stuff but when I used the ookisa treatment I did not loose any hair but like I said it is very very expensive they have some kind of membership and you have to buy every month but I can't really afford to spent more than a 100 dls a month in shampoo only In a forum someone said that the shiseido were just like the ookisa treatment but I haven't find anyone saying that they have use it or if it works at all.
    gou18

Comment by gou18 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011