Potty Training

When should you start potty training.... My DD is 2 1/2 yrs old and sometimes she shows interest in using the potty everytime she has to pee and other days she can careless... as well as sitting in a wet diaper some days she will want it off every pee, or wont want me to change her all day! and number 2 is just not even an option to do on the potty... she wont have it! So just wondering what you think if shes ready or not to rush her just yet????

momma.mel87

Asked by momma.mel87 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's already underway. She'll probably go back and forth between being interested and not for months and then suddenly, without any warning or stress on anyone's part, be potty trained.

It is how people learn most things: dabble, drop it, explore some more, walk away, and come back capable.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• doesn't sound like you should be sweating it yet..... Not until she's 3 1/2ish and not showing interest. She wont want to sit in a wet/shitty diaper for long!! Just enjoy your baby til then!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I am in the same boat as you with the same age dd and everything. She sits on the potty but never does anything. If she has to poop though she REFUSES to sit on the potty. I don't know where to go from here. I tried offering candy and stickers. She poitely told me no thank you lol. How can I argue with that?!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I know it can be stressful cause we want to see are kids move on out of diapers but if it is rushed they will rebel against it my seven yr old did soo good she was potty trained by two and my youngest is two and shows a few signs but is lazy and im not around her full time to be consistent and her dad is real bad so god only know when she will be potty trained
    QuEeN_bEe_03

Answer by QuEeN_bEe_03 at 7:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011