really?! come on now...

i really hate how some mothers are constantly bragging about their kids and how amazing they are at everything. i mean don't get me wrong i am SO proud of my little girl and Everything that She accomplishes. But when parents seem like they almost put other ppl's kids down while praising their own, that just doesn't seem right to me. For example: my neighbor was over here with her son tonite. My daughter was holding up a fork and she was trying to say FORK but it came out sounding like FUCK. lol it was cute i must admit.. but anyways.. my neighbor proceeds to tell me that her son (who is one month younger than my daughter) can speak in sentences and he says fork AND spoon all the time among many other words. And she kept trying to get my daughter to say everything that her son would say. My daughter is very intelligent and she actually does say alot of words for her age! this bitch just pissed me off its like god can't they just get together and play? must it always be a competition? you know the kids sure as hell don't care about that stuff they're just trying to stack blocks together!! LOL and she wonders why i never go over there or hardly ever answer the door to have her here when i'm home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• So true!!!!
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 10:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I hear you. All kids are different and progress differently. Hell, who's to say that her genius son won't fall behind as he grows older?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• lol, just wait till they are teens and you are dealing with some nut job who brags constantly about their kid and in a sneaky way puts yours down. I think these are the same mothers who started this when their kids where tots like yours,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• she does this because she wants a pat on the back and she wants her kid to be better instead of just playing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Competitive parenting is irritating to be around. Having some quick retorts to shut them up when they start going can help. I personally like 'oh, we keep our kids shut in closets for too much of the day for them to be that advanced' and 'ah, my kids were doing algebra within minutes of birth.'

Making fun of the idea shuts people up, because it's perfectly clear you're not going to play along... and it's not a game worth playing.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I hear you preaching sister! Sometimes you just want to smack some people!! My son is much larger than kids his own age and he plays rough like a boy. There was a woman at the park that made it a point to approach me about how well behaved her children were and informed me on how I should raise my son. I was beet red and heated!! Try not to let it bother you or do not spend much time with them or you'll go CRAZY!!!

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• ugh its just so frustrating!! its almost like she puts down my mothering skills.. i think i am an excellent mother! Like today my daughter brought me a Flash card with a circle on it and my daughter showed me and said "circle" and everything =] but then my neighbor said "wow you actually do the flash card thing with her.. didn't think you had the time in your day" (because i work and she is a stay at home mom) WELL SORRY THAT MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH HAVE TO WORK TO PROVIDE AND KEEP A ROOF OVER OUR HEADS! UGH
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I agree. It's messed up.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I totally understand....pisses me off too. We have friends like that, only they equate their kid's large sizes with their development lol...as in, their 95% baby must be SO advanced to be such a big baby. Clearly my 5th%tile baby is a dummy (she's not, that's just how they come across)
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Don't let her make you feel bad based on her staying home and your working. Everyone has to do what they got to do to take care of their own. I mean, come on. I stay home, and I know we are both equally good mothers because we do for our kids the best we can, and we love them with all of our hearts. My sons are both preschool age. My oldest has always been ahead of the game, my youngest hasn't. So her staying home has nothing to do with anything.
    Don't let her BS get you down.

I totally love LindaClement's idea. Marvelous!
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011