How can a boyfriend lie about talking to some other girl?

I am a single mom of three. I have been seeing my boyfriend for a year and a half. I happen to answer an email that he posted on a dating website that he was a member of. I pretended to be an interested girl. He emailed back and said he was interested in getting to know the pseudo girl. I am the pseudo girl and I am stuck to wondering about his motives. We love each other and our relationship is doing fine. Why on earth did he tell the pseudo girl he is interested?

Ok, I guess I left out a minor detail, we live over an hour apart, and he has asked me a million times to move in with him.  I cannot at the moment because of my kids school and their father being here.  I can possibly move but I do like the distance that we have, since I feel like I need to be a mom to these kids before I can handle a boyfriend and his three kids full time.  I love this man yet now that I know he did this, I am feeling at a lost for words.  Just a few weeks ago he did tell me that a girl emailed him and he emailed her a few times.  He then told me that that was it and told her that he had a gf.  But the pseudo girl got an email that I am single father of three.  He even gave his cell number and even showed his home to her.  Pseudo girl did not have a webcam to show him her for obvious reasons!!!  So I guess it's a no brainer guys?  I just let go of this relationship?

Odie73

Asked by Odie73 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• because you think he is in love with you and he is not, obviously.
    Move on, he is.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• yeah i would definatly say that is far from fine... i mean it might seem like it, but obviously its not since hes interested in other woman... i agree with the girl above me... move on, he must have. I mean think about it, wont you always be afraid that hes doing it on a different site and you just dont know it, or is seeing someone else and you just dont know it.... i think you should just not even risk the heart ache and pain on yourself and kick him to the curb!
    mrsrowland86

Answer by mrsrowland86 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Why are you playing devious games of intrigue, if you don't want to be around people who do?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I don't think he is that in love if he is willing to risk your relationship and email to an unknown girl and date her for what? just for fun? that means he is not having fun with you? I had many male friends and coworkers that will do what your bf did in a heartbeat why? because they think they can because they feel that their wife/gf will always be willing to forgive/forget and if she not they will have another one waiting already. I have heard their comments like.. well im the one who pays the bills what is she going to do? Who is going to want her with 2 kids? Im not leaving her i just want to have fun she doesnt have to find out! Im not missing a chance to have a hot piece of #$s But I heard a good one that said If i was really in love would not look anywhere else. so there you have it your choice
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• My advce.....MOVE ON.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• advice*
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It sounds like that song I can't remember the name of it but anyways, make a date and he'll see that's it's you. I think both of you will get a laugh. GL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Hum i dont like any of the answer's posted :( but i dont think he doesnt love you he is a guy and why not ask him whats up with that and tell him its you or the games he trying to play ... he is a jerk face for doing that but than again he will probably lie and say o i new it was u so i mean you have to make you choice stay or confront him either way good luck mommy :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You need to ask him this question. Of course, you'll have to be honest about your motives for doing this. If you're feeling insecure with his feelings toward you, you should have approached him and discussed it with him instead of doing somethig sneaky. However, why in the first place does he still belong to a dating site if he's been with you or a year and a half? Maybe this should be your first question to him.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well, things may seem fine on your end, but apparently not on his if he is looking on a dating site. You need to find out what's going on with him and why he's looking elsewhere. See if you can work together on finding out what needs some work in the relationship and what each of you can do to make it better.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011