Is it normal to cramp more on one side than the other at 5 weeks pregnant?

I've been told the craming is completely normal as long as I'm not bleeding but is it normal to cramp more on one side than the other?

I'm cramping significantly more on the left side than I am on the right side. It's kind of a combination of a "stretching feeling," and a pain similar to ovulation cramping.

Normal or what?

I don't have my first OBGYN appointment for several weeks because they don't see patients until at least 10 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• don't worry chick, you're fine. its called round ligament stretching and is very normal at 5 weeks. you may feel it worse on the opposite side in a week. it flip flops. lol
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• It happens.....i cramped more on my right side with my last pregnancy early on and even when i went into labor i cramped more on my right side than i did my left.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Okay...thanks. I was just a little concerned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• you could have an ovarian cyst. i had 1 but my doc told me it wouldnt harm the baby.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was cramping on just one side very early on and was worried it was ectopic, but it turned out fine.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011