contractions

Does your entire abdomen get hard? I can't tell if it's really hardening up that much. My lower abdomen is hardening up and the sides feel like it's hardening up, but not my mid or upper abdomen. My lower back feels like it's tightening up off and on too. Can anyone tell me for sure what contractions feel like and where they're felt?

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When my contractions first started (like early labor stuff) I was feeling a tightening in my upper abdomen and lower back cramping. It eventually progressed to back labor and lower abdomenal cramping.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• When my contractions started they were low and then as they intensified my whole stomach but most of my tighteniand pain was in my back because I had back labor as baby was sunny side up!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 12:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011