how long is too long?

is 10 days too long to stay at your parents house when you only see them 2 times a year? My thinks not....she wants to see me and her grandchildren....but on the other hand, i know it is difficult for my dad since he is very picky about his house being in order. I think he just puts up with us because he loves us. I have 4 boys ages 5 and under so it is very hard not to have toys out and also to keep them quiet...lol.

team21

Asked by team21 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• well if you think its to long just stay for half the time
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I dont think it would be a problem.. i'm sure your dad will be ok lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Honestly, yes. Only because after about a week, you may feel like walking on eggshells?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I guess it's up to you and your dad to decide what's a good length to visit. My parents have a cottage and the kids and I go up all the time in the summer and usually stay for about ten days... I know my mom and dad enjoy spending all the time with the kids, but I also know they breathe a big sigh of relief when we all go home!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• do it day by day if you start to feel other wise than leave early im sure dad will be happy to see his boys but not happy for the toys but im sure he will get over it :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011