Breasts leaking.......TMI??

I am beginning to get a little concerned, DH and I have been discussing when we want to TTC and in the process I have been reading some of the pregnancy books....I miscarried in high school (my baby would be almost 5 y/o now) I was a little over 2 months along when I lost the baby....Ever since then I have dealt with my breasts leaking and tenderness. I don't always have the tenderness and sometimes the leaking isn't as bad as it is at other times but I am just confused why I would still be producing anything YEARS later?!?!?!?

Any advice or personal experiences would help a lot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Health

• The changes that happen to breasts during pregnancy (like puberty) do not get 'undone' after the baby's born. There are a lot of factors, and lots of variation between different women's bodies (so not everyone's experience is identical), but once a breast has become a lactating breast, milk production can be induced by many things, including nothing more than thoughts.

Spending time with women who are currently lactating can do it, as can regular menstrual cycling, endoctrine system problems and a lot of breast stimulation (during sex or long distance running).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• i had my son 5 yrs ago and just stopped leaking right before i got pregnant with my 5 week old daughter. so i think its fairly common.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2011