Car Seat Travel System

We are expecting a boy in May my first child is 6 years old and its been that long since I have shopped for baby stuff. We no longer have any of the stuff from her and I have been reading reviews like crazy trying to figure out what the best infant seat/travel system is. My daughter was very tall for her age and had outgrown the infant seat before she was six months and truly sitting up enough to put into a shopping cart. I would like a car seat that would extend to a higher height/weight but we drive a Chevy Impala and dont like to have someone be forced to sit into the dashboard becuase of a car seat. So I am hoping some other mom input will help make this decision loads easier. Thank you:)

ChasingSam

Asked by ChasingSam at 11:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard that the Chicco keyfit is good.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Join some of the car seat groups most techs can tell you the best seat for your car , and the best on the market for safety !
    bwsmommy

Answer by bwsmommy at 10:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We have the same car. I have a 9 month old who has been over 100% in height and weight since 1 month old. We had the Chicco keyfit infant seat and we really liked it. It goes up to 30 lbs, we took him out of it when he turned 6 months because it was too heavy to carry him in the infant seat anymore. It fit perfectly in the back seat without having to move the front seat forward. He is now in a convertible carseat, we have the Britax Boulevard and it fits in the back seat. We do have to move the front seat forward just a little, but its still comfortable to sit in the front seat without our knees hitting the dashboard.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011