I need help w/ severe diaper rash TMI! adult content

I just picked up my 13 month old son from an over night visit w/ the inlaws & my son has a very severe diaper rash. It blistered & started to bleed in spots. He had a very mild rash yesterday said she doesn't know when it started bleeding. This is my second child & I have never seen a rash this bad! Ive tried diaper rash cream, corn starch, "air out" his butt. I can't take him to the dr because my DH got laid off, no health insurance, & I'm a SAHM. I need some help please!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bless your heart honey. Not trying to make a sell, but Arbonne diaper rash cream will clear it right up. The tube last about a year plus its all natural. Would love for u to check it out. WWW.Arbonne.com.
    In fact, before I started doing this as a business, the baby line products are what sold me. my son had bad dry skin and diaper rash and these products cleared it up in like 2 days. Let me know what u think honey. hope this helps
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 12:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It hasn't been that long yet right? Less then a day? I assume you are not using the reg babywipes as well.

If all else is not clearing it up my doc suggested using lotrimin. Good luck I know its not easy to see them with a bad rash!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Where can you buy Arbonne? I've never heard of it. I've tried burt bee's, desitin, A&D. That's all that the store has close to me. I feel like crap I can't help my son :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm not sure when it started. It was mild rash yesterday. I've never seen a diaper rash where it's bleeding
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Dont use any wipes....wash clothes and water....air dry.... let him be naked for a lil while....and A&d ZINC cream mixed with the regular a&d ointment....every diaper layit on thick...I will take a day or two...but keep up with it... then once you see it getting better use a&d ointment..Keep using ointment for few day just so it doesnt flare up.....only put to lotrimin if the rash is sporatic ...google yeast rash and if it looks similar to that dont use the a&d zinc cream use the lotrimin and the a&d ointment as directed above

jeni0323

Answer by jeni0323 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• That is what was going on when lotrimin was suggested by a call into the doc for one of my kids it did work. Also I used a lot Butt Paste with my youngest one who was prone to rashes and they always cleared up quickly!

Can you maybe call the doc and they will do a call in script if needed without seeing you?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• make sure hes not allergic to the diapers. my daughter ended up in the ER cause her butt blistered real bad. It hurt her everytime she peed. She had a "delay" reaction to huggies. U also can go down to your local Dept of Human services and get him on medicaid or some kinda med coverage. Most all states have some program that allows kids to have med coverage. If u take him to the ER, they can get the ball rolling and they sometimes can tell u if u are eligable. If your DH got laid off and u have very limited income, u r very likely to be accepted. U also can get the possible ER visit paid for by medicaid when/if u r accepted.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i agree with the other moms it could be the diapers or the wipes but if not i use Vaseline. it helps my son a lot. sounds kind of cheap and like it wont help but it works wonders
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Answer by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011