"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge." -- Elbert Hubbard

I LOVE this quote that I just stole from a FB friend sooooo very much! Thoughts please and thank you!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If more of us could remember this the world would be much better. Too many insecure people that are actually very smart. Should hang that in EVERY workplace :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Oh I like that!!!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• May I borrow that quote?? I love it!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I've always been under the impression we only stop learning when we die. But I suppose there are people out there that refuse to pay attention. Just like in real school.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Excellent!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• How do you think this applies to faith?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I like it. IMO we should always be learning new things.

USR, I am always learning new things about my faith. There is a vast amount of knowledge to be absorbed..more than I will ever be able to learn. I have never learned anything that made me have doubts.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Who the heck is he?

So no one on the friggin' planet, in all of human history has ever had an opinion that's the right one?

What if, according to my faith, I've adopted God's opinions on all matters.
    Do I still need to keep looking?

When will I know I've searched enough?

Mr. Hubbard sounds like he'd be pretty hard on himself, never trusting his own instincts as to when the knowledge he has is enough, at least for the time being.

If you're searching for something that's perpetually elusive, you never have to come down on either side of an issue or maybe are open to ANYTHING, since NOTHING is ever true enough.

No thanks.

There are some ABSOLUTES in life and I'm not too stupid to know what they are when I come upon them.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• That's great! Ignorance is bliss ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• So redneck, iimmature and not a role model for a young child. Poor role model. Why do you wonder what your makes your kids the way they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Jan. 8, 2011