What else would go with it?

We purchased brand new living room furniture (black) leather with end tables and a coffee table with lamps the lamps have white shades and the body is a grayish color.

What color should we paint our living room it is due for a paint job anyway...Does really bright white look good only bc the living room is in the middle of the house and has no windows the only light that comes in is thru the kitchen window and that is not too big. I am looking to brighten up the living room with outspend g any more money we've spent 3500. already...ugh! Thank you God & my honey ;)
Thank you ladies for listening ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• bright white would look good any where but is very hard to keep clean. to keep the room looking brighter try keeping alot of painting off the walls, a pale yellow would match ur furniture and brighten up the room. i have a very small lr and used a ventian color. its simple, bright and matches blacks and browns. gl
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 11:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yellow would look great and brighten up the room. Yellow looks great with black, white, and grey.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'm w/ Jor. A sunny yellow looks really nice w/ grey.
    melrose79

Answer by melrose79 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Here's an idea I'd go with...sage green walls with white trim/doors/moulding.  You can play with teh shades of medium green that work best with your room's lighting and layout.  You can pick up free color swatches/strips from any paint store.  I'd grab a bunch, and tape them to your walls and pick a color based on how it looks at different times of the day or night.

Modern-living-room-with-dark-wood-floor-black-armchair-and-stool-yellow-lamps-picture-of-wall-and-green-wall-color

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2011