How did you tell your husband/SO that you were pregnant?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• i baked him a cake and wrote "congrats daddy"... i decorated it with bottles and rattles. lol. he was too shocked to say anything lol
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I just handed him the test and didn't say anything. I was too in shock lol!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Let's see, the first time he was there with me staring at the stick for 5 minutes waiting for a line to show up. The second time, he was still asleep and I took the test expecting another negative and when I realized it wasn't I ran through the house screaming and jumping around. Scared the CRAP out of him he thought the house was on fire, lol. This last time the line was really pale and he was in such shock that he took a test himself to prove to me that I was imagining the line....I wasn't. :D
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I took went my myself and bought the test could not wait to get home so I stopped by a store and took it in the restroom. I drove home handed him the test and then we staired are each other for about a hour with no words.. then he said well we better call the doctor..
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• With our first daughter, he was in Iraq. I found out and had to WAIT days before he called me to tell him. When he finally called and I told him he cried. He was in a huge room with other "hardcore" soldiers and he bawled like a baby. We had waited and tried so long. He was so happy and totally sad that he'd miss EVERYTHING!
    With this baby he didn't believe the test because the line was so faint. He made me take another one so I got a digital one so he could read the word PREGNANT. He giggled, honest to god, the man giggled! hehehe
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• lol he told me I was he said are you sure your not preg you have been mean today lol about 3 days later I found out i was

Anonymous

• after i took the test he looked at it when it came up. he told me i was pregnant lol.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My best friend told him...against my wishes.

I wanted to tell him face-to-face but she picked up the phone and called him. From what I heard, he was pretty silent.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I took the hpt at work and when it came out positive I wrapped it up and showed it to him when he picked me up that day. He was so excited!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My husband told me. I took a test, seen a negative and threw it down and walked off. He wanted to see the test so he picked it up when I had left the room. The positive showed up after I put it down. he was like "Your pregnant!" I told him I wasn't and he showed me the test.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008