How can i get rid of my muffin top????

It drives me nuts i just want to be able to walk around shirtless one time without feeling like a slob what do you do to tighten up that area???? What excercise machines really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Boy Anon, however did you acquire so much useful knowledge? Idiot.

There is NO particular food that goes "right to the belly"...at all. Your body gets to much fat? It distributes the fat....some people are more prone to the belly fat, some the thighs, some the rear end, arms, etc.....some of us (like me), get it EVERYWHERE o.O It's not the food, it's the body type and heredity that determines WHERE the fat ends up on our body.

That being said: Crunches, Rowing, sit-ups (like someone else said: Using the exercise balls to save your back from undue stress), kick-boxing (heavy bag).....all of these will work the abdominal muscles and reduce the muffin top =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My husband used to body build (not competitively but just to where he like it) The best exercise EVER is running. You don't have to run several miles every day. Jogging doesn't do a whole lot and neither does walking. MY husband gave me the advice of run like someone is chasing you and trying to kill you until you just can't do it anymore, then stop.. if it's 30 seconds or 30 min your body is working to it's fullest potential. Do this every day and I guarantee your tummy fat will melt away! Diet is important too but working out will make your metabolism faster... (My husband is a marine and can eat anything and everything and not gain a pound... which I sometimes hate him for lol) If you do crunches.. that is good for muscle building but the ONLY thing that will get rid of fat is cardio!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Crunches, sit ups, on those big balls. ZUMBA works, and will actually get all areas... Also burn more than you eat. :D Good luck! :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree with the others that diet is the key. You have to cut out all the bad foods and also exercise. I think that crunches work best. They are awesome and will help tighten you muscles in your belly. If you just start out doing 4 sets of 25 a day and then work on doing more and longer reps that should work. Good luck to you!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• diet, crunches, aerobics
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If you are thin you shouldn't have a muffin top. If you work out you shouldn't have a muffin top. If you don't pig out and eat junk you shouldn't have a muffin top.

Wrong- I guess you have not hit menopause-just wait- You can be thin, maintain a healthy weight and still have a belly-especially if you've ever had abdominal surgery.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2011