i feel like every decision i make for my son... my family members has something negative to say about. its as if their questioning my parenting.... its irriating and since im an emotional person... it hurts at times.

for example, if i say i may put my son in daycare. they say daycare care too many germs, your going to be leaving your son with complete stranger. or if i take to see his dad. they say why would you let him see him if your relationship turned out bad....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Your child, YOUR decision and no one else gets a say. Remember that at all times and remember that their opinions aren't worth a bucket o'warm spit.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• OMG i have this same problem you have to just stay strong and show them who is boss my breaking point was when my mother said i was neglecting my child because i enrolled in school i had to finally stand up and let her and everybody else know i am the parent & i know what i am doing.
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I can surely understand feeling emotional, I'm a Virgoan!!!! Did you mean irritating? You must do what you feel is best for yourself above all (especially if the father of your child is not in the picture). After all, your children will never be content until YOU are! Good luck!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• i feel the same way sometimes... but you know what all that you need to say is that this is my child and i'm raising him not you so i'll take your opions into concederation but that's it... no one has a right to tell you how to raise your child and i mean no one.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Like Marie said (and did).... you should talk to whomever is being critical, and tell them "I know you care about (son's name) very much, but he is MY child and I am doing what I have to do to give him the best future possible. That includes making sure I can get to work (or school, whatever the daycare is for) and making sure he has a relationship with his father. Your unsolicited advice makes me feel like a crappy mom sometimes, and I don't need that. So in the future, please hold off on commenting on my parenting, unless I ask for your advice. Thanks..and I love you! " :) They may not like to hear it, but I believe honesty...told with LOVE... is the best policy.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I feel your pain thats how my family is but listen if they dont pay your bills or put clothes on u or ur sons back or watch him when you need all there words are flys on the wall ppl are going to talk but u dnt have to listen or care when they give you advice give them advice lol
    them : daycare has too many germs
    you: i saw some dirt on the floor i should leave he could get germs here! why dont you clean that up lol
    Thats an example lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• That would upset me. Try your best to let it roll off.

Next time they make a comment about daycare, Say "Great, then does that mean you are willing to take care of him for me? I would like to drop him off at 7am. I will be back after 5pm."

When they get upset about him seeing his father,"You don't think he deserves to know his father. Should he grow up without him just because you don't like him?" Then tell them to BUT OUT!!

Good Luck! You know what is best for him. And if you are wrong, well we all make mistakes with our childrn. No one is perfect. I really hope this all works out!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 10:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2011