OK So last year we went to destin florida for vacation. I don't want to go back to same place .....bad memories with exbf.

Does anyone know a nice place with beautiful blue wate for a reasonable price. I would luv to stay in a house or hotel on beach. oooohhh I will have my 3 kids ,9, 12, 13. We want to not go to far from where we live ( i am driving again) in Louisiana! My daughter wants to find pretty shells and my boys want to go on a dolphin boat or fishing boat but other than that just wanna lounge on beach! The beaches were so crowded when we went and i wonder if there is an area with less crowded beaches in may? I will have around a couple thousand for this trip And not a cent more as i have been saving for a while!

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Travel

• Why not look for area near, but not in Destin? There are a lot of smaller, lesser known communities with fewer people and good rates.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I live near there. I had a reunion at the Comfort Inn in Destin across the street from Henderson Beach State Park. It's close to everything so you can walk if you wanted to instead of driving. You can google it or you could go to Crystal Beach or Miramar Beach. Both are nice and you can find good rates, depending on the dates. We got our really nice rooms for $76 a night. You can contact the Tourist Center on Okaloosa Island and get discounted rates, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• The panhandle of Florida is great (Port St Joe). We rent a house on the beach every year. The water is really nice, and the area is great. We use Pristine Properties (www.pristineproperties.com), they are a great company.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Gulf coast is pretty.. Texas, or if you want to travel a bit.. Hilton Head, SC - beautiful. hmmm where else... You could do Tallahassee FL with a coast visit?
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 9:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Santa Rosa Beach and Ft Walton Beach are nice. If you want to travel a little farther, Daytona Beach is very nice in May. It's a quiet month, not much going on tourist-wise, so the rates would be lower.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• What about Clearwater or St. Petersburg?
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• sounds awesome i'll check this out!
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011