So how many moms thought they'd have a boy then turns out when you have your ultrasound that your having a girl?

I found out today during my ultrasound that I'm having a girl, I'm happy, but most people thought I'd have a boy, (I even thought I 'd have a boy), so I'm a little shocked. We decided to name her Leah Marie.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was oppisite lol... but i'm so happy that i had a boy first... but that name is so beautiful congrats on your baby girl
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Congrats!! I thought my 2nd baby was going to be a boy as well everyone was so sure of it.. turned out to be a girl lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Congratulations. Very beautiful name. This happened with my first but having a little girl is soooooo much fun. When I got pregnant this time I wanted another girl and it turns out its a boy. Lol. I don't have the intuiation that mothers are supposed to I guess but im excited!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 12:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Lol that happened with my first baby i went in for my ultrasound and i was crossing my fingers for a boy and my OB said its a girl i was also shocked about that you dont always get what you want :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• my auntgie did
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My SIL was told a girl, the baby turned out being a boy :) It can happen, nothing is set in stone until the baby is born..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Congratulations!! Mine was the opposite - I was told at an ultrasound that I was having a girl, 8 weeks later I was told by another ultrasound tech that I was having a boy! After I'd bought a lot of things for the nursery, of course!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• same thing happened to me. everyone around me and myself thought i was having a boy and i was disappointed when the US tech said "its a girl!". i got over it tho when i saw how beautiful she was (is). also, i didnt let myself think either way w/ my 2nd pregnancy just so i wouldnt convince myself of the gender haha.

Congrats! its a beautiful name!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2011