How often do your children tell you "Thank you?"

I hear it about 100 times a day! When she gets in trouble, when she's being sweet, when she gets something she wants, when she takes a bath, when she goes to bed. It's adorable, and I love the appreciation, but will it eventually dry up?

How old are your children, and how much do they appreciate you?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 1:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL...Yes the younger (8 and 10) say it all the time for everything...The 15 yr old doesnt knw the meaning of appreciation (she from generation entitlement, you know they deserve everything)..The older ones (21,22,24 and 26) appreciate anything that we do for them...My DH has informed the 15 yr old that all her extras (cell phone, going to movies with friends, Ipod touch, getting her hair done every two weeks will happen when she gets a job. He has informed her that he will provide food, shelter, and medical ins until she shows appreciation..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• LOL they're 7 and 4. They say it when I buy something for them. When I cook dinner, or when I help them do something. They say it all the time. They are appreciative.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Mine will be 2 in a few days, she says it often.... usually quickly followed by "elcome".. She is such a sweetheart!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• LOL mine is 20mnths and says it for everything an my 4yr old cousin NEVER says it so it balances out lol :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Mine are 6 and 3 and they too constantly say thank you. I instilled it in them early on. "Thank you" as well as "Please" and "You're welcome" and "I'm sorry" were some of the very first phrases they learned to say as babies. I say the same things to them constantly so they do this out of good habit. They don't have to be prompted to say them. I don't see any other kids their ages sayinbg them either which is a real shame that there are some lazy and inconsiderate parents.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• enough...lol
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Anyone have older kids who DON'T say it? Or Do? My little sister is 14, and it's a rare occasion she feels gratitude for anything. Any suggestions on getting older kids TO say Thank you?
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• everytime i or someone else gives him something... he even says please for everything.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and tells me thank you all the time. I started really early with teaching her manners so she says please, thank you, excuse me, I'm sorry, etc. I hope it doesn't end.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It's always please and thank you at my house; the kids are 3, 11, 13, 13, and 15. I say it to them as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011