Is it wrong

to be married and have a male friend that you work out with on a daily basis who is NOT your husband?

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 1:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• nop it is not wrong
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 1:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• its disrepectful... & if your asking it's because you know it wrong!!!
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• As long as there is nothing romantic with your male friend, then it isn't wrong.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• As long as you are appropriately dressed, dh is aware of it and you aren't "working out" on top of each other then its ok lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• o my aunt is dating a fat dude (she is fat too) and works out with a slim sexy guy !! lol her man is sooooo jealous but hey get ur big butt out there and work out too lol i think if you have no feelings attached they sure if you think hum he is sexy than no!
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would be careful though because the male workout partner may have other intentions. Dh would never in a million years be ok with me doing something like that. And I would be uncomfortable with another male just wondering what his intentions are. I also would not do it if dh said he didn't like it out of respect for him and our marriage. I would ask him before going, but I never would in the first place for the reasons mentioned previously.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Nope nothing romantic and he is a friend of both mine and DH and working out would consist of running/swimming (laps) at the YMCA and DH is welcome to come but he HATES to work out and I have no female friends

NessGuinness

Comment by NessGuinness (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• if it's a friend and your husband is okay with it then heck who cares if your husband doesn't want to work out with you and you need some support and you getting it from a friend then so be it weither they are male or not...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't see why it would be wrong. Why do so many people think that once you're married, you can't have male friends and the husband can't have female friends? It really IS possible to be JUST FRIENDS with someone of the opposite sex (or same sex if you're homosexual or bisexual). If anything you do with a member of the opposite sex makes you feel guilty or like you have to hide it, then you probably feel that it's wrong and shouldn't be doing it. If you feel that way, then it's wrong for you personally and then I would suggest that you either do something that will ease your mind (like reminding yourself you're just friends, making sure your husband knows your workout buddy is a guy, etc.). If that doesn't work, then find a new work out partner, at least for the time being.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Thanks ladies!!! I was just wondering because we haven't ever gone to work out but it is something that we have discussed (me and the male friend of me and DH) and I didn't know how others felt, guess it doesn't matter but I have always had more male friends growing up than female friends so I don't see a problem with it!
    NessGuinness

Comment by NessGuinness (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011