Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

my husband ran away with my kids, and kicked me out

So after 7 yrs, me and my husband are getting a divorce......I cheated bc I was in a love less marriage, and I know that it was wrong on my behalf. Well I told my husband about it and that I was asking for a divorce. Well he said he was really upset and wanted to take the kids out to lunch, well 2 hrs had past and he was still not back from lunch. I called and when he answered, he was an 1 hr away, and didnt bother to let me know that he took the kids to a whole other state. I was really worried about the kids, and wanted him to come home. He said no that he was not coming home. Well he called our landlady, and had her tell me that i had to be out within 2 hrs. I am not on the lease so he chose to kick me and my 9 yr old out. (the 9 yr old is mine from another marriage) I had to turn my keys in, and get out. I said I will leave when my kids get home. He called me and told me that he was not coming home until after I was gone. So he had the police escort me from the property. So now, he has my kids, and wont let me see them. He lets me talk to them and that it. I have been recording all their convos, and everything, and my sons are crying bc they want me to come get them, and they said daddy wont let them go with me. I am super scared to leave them bc he has hit my oldest son and our youngest son. I have pictures to prove it. But what can I do, besides going to court. Can I take any kinda action now to get them outta there. Can I take my photos to the police and show them, and maybe they can help me??? He has abused me emotionally, mentally, and physically in our relationship. He has menatlly and emotionally, and physically abused my son. And it has got to stop, I am done. But now, I had to leave them behind bc he ran away with them.......Help me please!!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by a-boys-world at 1:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

Level 4 (47 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • Call the police!! Have your pictures ready.

    Answer by amber1330 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • YES GO TO POLICE! file a report get an attorney or something! file for full custody! they want you so is it possible toget them from school? then keep them?

    Answer by harris4 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • call cps on him... the cops and take him to court... just have all your photos and papers ready to take him down.

    Answer by Lynnsae at 1:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • Not saying that what he did was right by any means but what did you expect by cheating on him? Now that being said, get yourself to the police asap, call CPS, do whatever you need to do to make sure the kids are safe. They may take the kids away from both of you though. Make sure they are safe.... It is about the kids...

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • call the police and cps.

    Answer by chmamaof4 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • Get an attorney. I personally think you are trying to make him out to be the bad guy to justify your cheating. I don't believe for a second your children are in danger and I hope he gets full custody. Maybe your man whore will take you and the 9 year old in?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • please go to the police and get your kids back,

    Answer by tere1986 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • First i have to say to ANON i think you know the man and he is a relative or something so your sticking up for him...just my opinion...Yes call the police and tell them he has your kids...YOU are the MOTHER and ANY court or cop will say the mother has FULL CUSTODY when it comes to kids the FATHER has to fight for them ( know from personal experience)...If the cops wont meet you at the house to take the kids then if they go to school Take them out like a couple hours in to school.....File a restraining order in the process also that will work in your favor....You gave birth to them kids go take them kids back especially if he abuses them and your SON...My god i pray you get them kids home safe....AMEN...Good luck

    Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • You need to file for divorce, and get an emergency custody order in place (This can be done in a day or two). The police are not likely to do much - this is a domestic dispute and there is no court order for them to help enforce.

    Answer by Scuba at 7:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

  • call a lawyer
    photos are good
    taping phone conversations (IMO) are against the law - speak to lawyer
    have you ever been to an abuse center or even called one? this may help
    do not know how legally a landlord can kick you out of a house (rented) that you live in- this does not sound legal?
    also i would call police, but first i would call a lawyer, your rights have as a tentant, a mother and wife are not being legally meet

    call a lawyer

    also if kids are hour away, sounds like he is not taking them to school (call school, ask about attendance) do not think he will look good in court if he pulled them from school-get the school records if they are not in school
    keep a journal pf everything going on, if you have one over the years-great-court will look at, hopefully you have been rebording the abuse in a written form

    Answer by fiatpax at 8:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Is it wrong