• In the Spotlight:

So you think your a parent?

How you call your self a parent live at home with mommy spend all your money on clothes have no car work to pay for clothes and to go out and say your a better parent than me who works 40hrs a week is the sole provider in my house hold and been doing this for 3 years now?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep yep. I know these kinds of people. And I have learned that those people will always believe that they are better, no matter what is happening. Their marriage could be falling apart and their house is being forclosed, but they are still amazing parents...
    I just remind myself that the proof of how good of a parent you are is in the pudding... My DD is 19 months, knows her abc's, can count to ten in english, count to five in two other languages, has wonderful table manners, sleeps through the night, speaks more than 40 words in 3 languages, and I am a sahm, i work with her all day everyday.
    So just concentrate on your kids, making sure you are doing the best you can, and in a few years, when both of your kids are in school, you will see the difference in your kids vs. Others.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Hmmm... Venting? I'm guessing somebody aggravated you today?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Is this a competition?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• let it out... dang just let it out
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Well I hope you feel better. Sometimes people think they are better because behind a shield or the safety of thier own parents home it seems better. I have friends like this and just people I know I take what they say with a grain of salt or in one ear and out the other.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sounds like someone hacked you off this morning - just keep in mind being a mom isn't a competition.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Mme.langley.... come be my mommy? I applaud you. Kudos girl kudos.
    And to the original poster ( I get sidetracked so easy) those kind of people need to have their safety net dropped so they land on their own noses and see what being a PARENT instead of a GENETIC DONOR is about. Got a bil like that. He's "awesome" and his mommy always bails him outta any trouble ** guess that why her 27 yr old can't do anything for himself, hmmmm?
    Seems to me you have reality and you KNOW what's up. Amen sister,amen
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• No one...not even you is better than anyone else. Live your life, and who cares about how others live theirs?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Who cares! Live your life and move along. It is YOU'RE(you are).
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2011