Really??

So my aunt who is i guess a "parent"? says to me she lost her food stamps and cant pay me anymore for watching her kids and says can i do it for free ? um no and no. than she posts a facebook comment "SHOULD SHE QUIT HER TEMP JOB" now mind you she is a mother of 3 only has 2 and i have them from 8am to 11pm mon threw friday (except the 8yr old i pick up from school) and i have 2 of my own kids what kind of parent are u? yea i understand your single but who is going to pay your bills? your 30 something and have rent lights gas insurance groceries laundry etc to pay how an who is going to pay it? Be a parent you work 6 - 7 hrs a day WORK AND STOP BEING LAZY!!!

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm glad that you stood your ground with her - her kids are not your responsibility, they are hers. I hope she gets her act together for her kids sake.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• she needs help!!! like emotinal she probably feels like she can't do it! help her find a daycare near her...thrs programs where they can help her because she is low income.... that why you don't have to be stressing yourself out ......
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If she goes to Job and Family Services she can apply for daycare assistance. She will pay a percentage according to what she makes, and they will pay the rest.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Wow. I can understand not wanting to babysit for free, but what do you want her to do? She can't work if she doesn't have a babysitter. Have you made suggestions on what she could do, or where to go for help?

IMO, I would never charge to babysit a family members child(ren).
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2011