Crap... Sorry little one, mommy made a mistake.

Do DD has had this cold on and off for weeks now. I can't seem to kick it in the butt. The congestion is HORRIBLE. My poor baby will hack and hack and hack, its enough to being you to tears. Her doc prescribed her some medicine. First was Amoxicillin, then something stronger. That didn't help!!

I would call the doc and talk to the nurse ( a couple times a week), and she would run through he same thing.

*Keep the temp on 70 in the house
*Give her plenty of clear liquids
*Give her her medicine as instructed
*Run her vaporizer

I did all those things...WAIT...vaporizer???
Crap! Turns out I've been running a humidifier. How could I not know the difference? IDK but I didn't. So I went out and got a vaporizer, ran it for 2 days and BOOM...no more cold.

Anyone else ever make a simple mistake like that?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 2:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don`t be too hard on yourself! We do crazy things sometimes just because our mommy brains are fried! I remember being at a family members house one time when my son was a few months old and he was screaming and for the life of me I could`nt figure out why. I ended up leaving and when I got home I thought, "well, maybe he wants a bottle." He drank two whole ones and was totally happy, and then I sudddenly remembered I forgot his last feeding.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think you are beating yourself up a little too much,Mama. A vaporizer is basically the same thing as a humidifier. They both put moisture into the air. One's hot, th other is cold. Vaporizers open you up more because of the steam. Baby's cold just ran its course.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It happens...I promise. My sons are 24, 23, 20 and 19...theey survived all of our oops! and aren't damaged in any way. So, don't sweat it. ((((HUGS)))))
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We don't even have a vaporizer and some how my kids have all survived so I wouldn't worry about it. And we keep our heat at 60F in the winter. If they're cold they bundle up. Then again my kids are rarely sick so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, lol. But I've had my share or stupid moments. I actually forgot my one dd's award ceremony for Girl Scouts. We picked her up and she was like, "how come you didn't come?" We were the only parents that didn't show up. I felt so bad (she was 6). Then the next week she missed Girl Scouts completely because I wasn't feeling good and forgot all about it. I miss all sorts of stuff because I forget so easily...even when I make notes I forget to read them, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I guarantee we've all done something like that! Glad to hear your DD is feeling better!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• not yet but i'm sure it will happen... i'm happy she is feeling better though.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Thank you
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Aww hun dont be so hard on yourself. Like you said....its a simple mistake. =D
    StefaniJerkface

Answer by StefaniJerkface at 4:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• A vaporizer and humidifier aren't that much different - they both emit humidity into the air to keep the airways moist, a vaporizer is just a little more concentrated while a humidifier is a little slower & covers more area. Not a huge deal to mistake the two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Whats the difference?
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2011