FB scenario..........someone posts "I am hateing (not my spelling) the person I am right now"

Your first instinct is to inquire "why?". But someone else has already asked this but includes the OP's nickname and the OP responds with "I don't want to talk about it.". And there are several other responses asking "why?" from people who are obviously close friends. Shit like this enrages me to no end!!!! It REALLY pisses me off. My first instinct is to care and attempt to help in any way possible, but if you make the choice to refuse help or advice from friends after making an obvious cry for help (what was the point to begin with?). Why post a status like that and than refuse help, that shit just infuriates me!!!! And I made it known to OP that I was infuriated!!!! I suppose these people are not intelligent enough to realize that these actions will weigh on a persons mind, it's just not fair to the reader.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• attention... it's stupid and high school bs
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sounds like she just wants attention.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree...they want attention. Sympathy does`nt amount to much in this situation.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I also agree they are just looking for attention
    tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• and i am pretty sure the person she is with is hating being with someone so dumb. some post are so dumb. like i read one the other day that said in the bathroom gosh their is no toilet paper.?.? who cares. take care of your business and go on with it. or this girl i saw posted. my daughter wont stop crying. that was the worst because instead of posting it she should take care of her daughter i
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Answer by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• pleasantly surprised I am (for a change), although not sure about the first responders intentions. I am always hearing from my SO how rude and mean I am to him. I truly care about people and want to help them in any way, shape and form possible. I try to school people and teach them the truth as it is (NOT as I know it, but like I said) and it is so often met with disdain and ignorance (which also infuriates me BTW).
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @ JOHNNYSMOMMY23.......I could sympathize with the latter. I have been there once or twice in the last 2 years and was thankful I had FB to vent on, but I was also willing to explain if anyone asked about my situation!! Sometimes leaving your child in a sit. like that is better for both you and the child than staying there and dealing at the moment. Applause to u, if u are always strong and sane enough to deal in the exact moment!!!! I am not, and have no problem admitting to it either. I have no shame in admitting that I have needed or will (no doubt in the future) need a few minutes to myself to calm my nerves before dealing with my son's deplorable behavior at times.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Drama Queen. It sounds like she is looking for attention. If she truly needed help I wou;d think that she would contact someone directly, not put in on Facebook. I have a few acquaintances like that, I ignore their obvious plea-for-attention posts.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I agree with Scuba, these people are best left ignored because it's just a ploy for attention.. but I have to say second best to that is calling them out on it, which it sounds like you did. How did she react?
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Or just maybe that person was needing someone to talk to in person and not over facebook and just wasn't sure how to go about asking someone for help. I used to get in those moods all the time. Granted I never aired them out to the public. It may not seem to some that it is hard to ask for help, but trust me with the whole "oh they just want attention" outlook of course people are gonna feel dumb for wanting to talk to someone about what is going on the make them feel as they do. I know there are some out there that just say and do stuff for attention but not everyone is like that. So instead of publicly humiliating someone why not just go and privately ask them what is going on and if they know and trust you enough they may be more willing to open up when no one else is going to see what is wrong because they may be having problems with someone who can see what is out there for everyone to read.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2011