how can i make it better?

My son hasn't been able to poop right. He does these little balls which by the way smell extremely bad. Yes i know poop doesn't smell good but this one smells worse. This has been going on for 2 months. i figured maybe i should give him more liquids but its not helping. Today he got a little cut from trying to push. He is 15 months old and i thought suppositories but the box say 2yrs and older. How can i help my little guy?

JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Asked by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it could be the food that he is eating... but you could try giving him apple juice to help soften them too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• wow poor baby... I also agree with lynnsae I believe it is something he is eating

tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My kids both had that problem as babies and it was ALL because of formula and rice cereal. At his age he can drink some diluted apple juice. One part water, one part apple juice. Examine his diet. Cut out whatever is causing the constiparion.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• he hasnt ate anything he didnt eat before. and its been like that every day for 2 months. i dont want to take him to the dr because all they do is give him a lot of meds
    JOHNNYSMOMMY23

Comment by JOHNNYSMOMMY23 (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011