What do you typically do on Valentine's Day?

What does dh/so usually buy you? Where do you go? What do you do?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Holidays

• we were really original and got married on valentines day, but we celebrate by going to our favorite restaurant and then a movie and if we are lucky the grandparents will take the kids for the night so we have the choice of watching the movie in or at the theatres. I personaly think its such a fun to show the one you love how you care in a different louder way so to speak, I made my husband a music mix cd one year I am really into music and singing and it was from the heart, and I made a little basket with 2 little plastic champage cups i got from the dollar store and put a little bottle of martinellis in the basket with a letter and some other little special things, have fun with it, whatever your idea of fun and love is take it and run with it! life is all about love and having someone to share it with is even more awesome!!!
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I personally don't like it. I think a couple should be romantic all the time not just that one day. It's like in the movie eat pray love how Italians said americans need to be told what they should do. Like they see a commercial about beer that says you deserve a beer and say hey I need a beer! Lol whoever watched that movie knows what I'm talking about. But I think couples who love each other don't need a day for love when they have it everyday.
    LindAngeLevi

Answer by LindAngeLevi at 6:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Trying to ignore it. Hallmark holiday.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Nothing. We just feel its another way for retailers to make money, so we just don't really do anything for him or I. We may give my DD something small and cute
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Sometimes we go out, but since its usually in the middle of the week more often we just have dinner with the kids. Last year I got a red netbook, in previous years I've received jewelry. I usually send a cookie bouquet to DH at work, and get him something that he wanted for Christmas but didn't get.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We buy each other our favorite chocolates, See's, and exchange Valentine cards. We also have a date night, dinner or movie & dinner. Depends on what's going on in the area and with the kids, and what day of the week Valentine's Day falls on.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:02 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Actually nothing... we get goodies for our grandson to take to school, but never buy ea other gifts(maybe a card) or
    go out for Valentines Day... it's just us...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Usually my husband and the kids take me out to dinner because it's also my birthday.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011