Why aren't we calling auto bailout proposal Corporate Welfare?

Just wondering why you think the media isn't calling the auto bailout proposal Corporate Welfare.
Also, there was another post a few minutes ago on this subject and it was mysteriously deleted?

whohannah

Asked by whohannah at 1:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Good question.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Why not call all of the garbage that our government is up to one giant leap into socialism? Because the average American would panic if they fully understood the consequences of what is going in our country right now.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• omg get over it what if your husband worked they're than you would bitch for it gee these are peoples future we are talking about ,,,,,you think the welfare rate is high now,,,imagine how many people are one step way from it with this bail out...get a life

Anonymous

• I have a life and my husband actually DOES work in the auto industry lol. At least have the courage to show your face when you post, thank you. And yes, the welfare rate.....versus corporate bail-outs? Socialism....vs socialism.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You know what? Some of us have principles that go beyond our own immediate material well-being.

For instance: I qualify for Medicaid. I'm poor and pregnant. But I don't believe in socialized medicine so I'm not gonna degrade myself by taking it. Its not pride. Its principle.

whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 1:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I deleted my question previously titled big three because I want to reword it. Quit over thinking things.

I planned to add would your job be one of the 2 million plus jobs lost if even one failed. Since there is this thread I won't bother reposting.

Anonymous

• What I'm trying to figure out is the extent to which Obama supports corporate welfare. Is it only for certain types of industries??
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 1:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I'm glad the previous question about "big three" had been posted because I think that this is a really important question for America to be discussing right now.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 1:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• whohannah, I am sure it's only for the industries that support him and his agenda. *sorry to sound so negative, but I have yet to see anything really positive come to fruition. And for those that want to proceed to call me a racist-bigot-hater, I have every right to be concerned about the welfare of the country I live in.
    Anonymous

• its just so sad. I would like to see his supporters holding him accountable for those (few and far-between) things that I actually thought he'd be principled on.
    whohannah

Answer by whohannah at 1:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008