I need help.... please!

Ok i'm 39 weeks and I want to have my baby. If I don't have him by next tuesday my doctor is inducing me. I don't really want to be induced by the doctor... I want to go into labor on my own. I'm only 1 centi dialted STILL. i've been this way since week 36. i was just wondering if anyone had advice on how I could induce labor myself. And sex is out of the question because i have a UTI and it hurts like crazy. Also I walk all the time so that's not working either.... So if you have any other advice that has worked for you please tell me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately it's all up to nature and your baby. Your baby will be born when he/she is ready. If you don't agree with being induced, then tell your doctor so. You don't have to consent to it. Your baby may not be ready until 41 weeks to be born, he doesn't know this. Is he wanting to induce because you're getting awefully close to Thanksgiving? I say let your body do what it needs to do and don't be induced. I had a bad experience with being induced and the inducement was because Christmas was just days away. Some doctor I had, he let his schedule determine when my son was born. Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous

• YA 1 CM IS NORMAL FOR EVERY1, IT IS NO REAL PROGRESS AT ALL.
    SPICY FOOD IS SUPPOSED 2 INDUCE LABOR. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, JUST TRY CLEANING THE HOUSE TO THE THE EXERCISE.
    TAKE A WARM BUT NOT TOO HOT BATH.
    IF YOU HAVE A VIBERATOR TRY USING THAT, OR PLEASING YOURSELF IF SEX IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. JUST 2 GET YOUR PELVIC MUSCLES CONTRACTING AND MORE BLOOD FLOW DOWN THERE.
    GET THAT UTI TAKEN CARE OF! THAT IS NOT GOOD TO HAVE DURING LABOR. MEDICATION WILL CLEAR THAT UP VERY QUICKLY.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Are the doctors not able to do the progestegin gell process, since you have a UTI?
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He wants to induce me because apparently he "has to in the panhandle". Apparently you can't go past 40 weeks here.... I've never heard of it before. But they will not let you go past 40 weeks no matter what....
    Anonymous

• I heard canola oil is supposed to induce labor it's suppose to act as laxative or fresh pineapple on an empty stomach. also there are pressure points that I've heard cause labor such as grabbing the ones on your ankle. I tried that and it didn't work though I almost had to get induced but the baby said no way and came out the day before the gelling process.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Really, my doc was going to let me go alittle over 41 wks, I was 4 days late.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Okay that's weird that they won't let you go past 40 weeks. I have NEVER heard of that. Try nipple stimulation or Raspberry Leaf Tea which can trigger contractions which can help you progress quicker).

Anonymous

• Nope he won't let me... so I'm stuck. Plus my hubby starts a new job next week and we don't want him to have to take off from it. His hours at his job now have been cut EXTREMELY so this week would be best so he can spend time with the new lil guy and not worry about work. i dunno... I'm just trying to find a way to have him earlier! Also I can't feel contractions apparently... Well not ones that reach 85.... I've been to the hospital already and i was having contractions that reached 85 and didn't feel a thing. I'm sure if they are worse than that I should feel them...
    Anonymous

• I was in the same boat as you. I was going to be induded on Thursday of one week, so the weekend before I wanted to do everything I could to get baby to come naturally. I took several walks, rocked in a rocking chair, ate hot sauce (easier for me to do than choke down spicy foods!), had sex, and bounced on a yoga ball for hours...this was on Sunday. At 2:50 am on Monday, JUST when I laid down to sleep, my water broke! No contractions beforehand, and I'd only been dilated to 1cm the Friday before.

However: because I'd spent the day being so active trying to get things moving, I was already exhausted by the time labor came along, and then it was 19 hours of contractions 2-3 minutes apart! I ended up being really out of it when my son was born, and I hate that...so you might just want to spend your last child-free time relaxing and praying that things start on their own. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Did they do an internal monitoring of your contractions? Because when they're just doing it on the outside, that doesn't actually measure how painful they would be, sorry. Mine were up in the 100's months before I delivered, and I didn't feel a thing.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008