Does It make me rude?

Ok so I made a comment on another sight in a group that deals with where I was born and raised and the comment was this:

Its a new year so so lets start a new way of life and strive to do better to have more not just for yourself but for your kid(s). Theres a lot of people who choose to settle for less and this is a good year to change that because life is too short and you never know when your time is up. Make it the best because you may have to ask yourself are you happy with the life you lived.

I was told that the comment was rude. Please honest answers I can really take it. If you think is was rude please let me know how so I can take that into consideration.

THANK YOU!

momANDwife4Eva

Asked by momANDwife4Eva at 6:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I dont see it as being rude. If it was just one person that said that out of 1000s of members on there, I'd ignore it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @Zoeyis, it was a few people that said I was. I was even told by someone they hope GOD will have mercy on me and I was like WTH
    momANDwife4Eva

Comment by momANDwife4Eva (original poster) at 6:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't think its rude and I really don't see how someone would perceive it as being rude.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• OP, someone must have misread what you said, or stretched what you meant way out of context then. Just remember: these are total strangers online, who play no role in your real life and mean nothing to you in the grand scheme of things. For all ya know they were just saying that to get a rise out of you and didn't actually mean it. You can't take anything you read online too seriously.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't see this as rude either. Was it posted in a thread about New Years Resolutions? If it were posted in a thread about unemployment or something I could see someone taking offense I guess, some people don't like to see the truth in black & white :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• @ Zoe well they didnt get a rise out of me thats for sure I ignored it and the people who were saying this most of them I knew from my childhood that group is on FB and its for people who Grew up in a place called ODH in Baltimore MD. One thing for sure I do not do drama where it is not needed so I just moved on. and @Scuba it was about New Years resolutions and SweetPea IDK either.

I was told it was a form of putting peopple down and thats why it was rude but i really dont see how I had put anyone down.
    momANDwife4Eva

Comment by momANDwife4Eva (original poster) at 6:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• me either, is there a way to delete your post? Maybe "for their sakes" post an apology (no one says you have to really mean it ;-)... just to make them happy and get em off your back? since you know them IRL?)

Its online so that can't tell you're just faking the apology and paying them lip service. That does stink, I can't imagine what they were reading into it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yeah I can delete it I guess it just sucks to see people ya know sense your childhood to react like that. W/E i guess, i just wanted to get the opinion of others that dont know me. TY so much
    momANDwife4Eva

Comment by momANDwife4Eva (original poster) at 7:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• nooo way I dont think it was rude just honest the people or persons that read it are insecure about something
    QuEeN_bEe_03

Answer by QuEeN_bEe_03 at 7:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Some people prob. took it as they weren't doing enough for their kids. That's the only thing I can think of & even that is a stretch. I like the idea of deleting it or posting an apology- but only b/c you know these people. Some people can get so touchy.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2011