my husband wants to know...

"why women feel the need to go through their mans cell phone? Cant we just trust them and not have to bug/ hassle them for their phone."

I dont agree with him. he likes to randomly lock his phone and i explained because if you lock you phone you must have something to hide and he feels thats not true.

so whats your opinion?

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Hiding something. If not he wouldn't lock it period

Anonymous

• My husband and I are both totally open with each other. I don't have anything to hide and would gladly hand over my cell, as would he. Thankfully our marriage is secure enough we've both moved past that phase....but if you need a little reassurance now and then I think he should oblige. I agree, he wouldn't be locking it if there weren't something there to hide.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• First off if he's locking his phone, it makes him look suspicious! Therefore it would make you a little insecure right? I wonder how'd he feel if you started locking your phone?
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 1:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Same with my bf he gets mad if I look through his phone and I always ask, "what are you hiding something?" If I had a cell I wouldn't care if he looked through it unless I was hiding something.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• why lock it if there's nothing to hide? why go thru his phone if you trust him? you are both right. so there lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have never gone through my husband's phone. Nor have I gone through his wallet. We have complete trust in one another and just see a need to be nosy like that. We believe that if you don't have a marriage built on trust then you shouldn't be married in the first place.

Anonymous

• mine does not lock it but if he did I set up a account online to track bills I would just go see who he is calling lol 

Cmm13

Answer by Cmm13 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It depends -- if he wants it locked in case he loses it or it gets stolen, I can certainly understand that. (Makes me think I should lock mine!) And I use to lock my old one because I'd give it to my toddler to play with and he started calling people!

But to just "randomly" lock it does sound weird and suspicious. I'd be curious as to why randomly? AND if someone truly has nothing to hide, they'd be more than willing to give it over to their spouse.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 1:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I posted the question;;

ive told him many times how would you like it and he swears he wouldnt care but i cant lock my phone so it dont make a diffenence but to tell you the truth he naver picks up[ my phone and goes thru it like i do to his lol. i guess its out of habit but who cares why would he care if he's not hiding anything
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think it's more likely that he locks his phone just to drive you nuts. If he was hiding something why wouldn't he just delete his call history?
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008