to cut or not?

ok here is the deal. I am 5 ft 3 in and have hair that goes to about the middle of my back. I have had long hair forever. I love it. it does not cause me to have headaches or anything like that but I want a change. I have thought about cutting it and donating it to locks of love. the other option would be to layer it. what should I do?

ntschetter

Asked by ntschetter at 8:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Cut it and donate it. It has to be natural hair, no dye. That brings a good feeling to donate. I'll bet you get lots of compliments. My friend just cut her long hair, and it changed her looks so much.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would agree that you should donate it if you can. I get a cut every other year and send in my hair and it really is an awesome feeling (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Yes I believe you should donate it. And second do something no one would expect from you. It's fun and exciting to see every-one's reaction.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 10:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My daughter just did this last night. Her hair was to her waist. They cut off 10 inches. It's still well below her shoulders. It looks so much better. So healthy! The salon puts it in elastics and cuts it. Then you send it in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Donate it. I did that a few years ago. Mine had color in it but it was healthy hair & they took my hair. I donated 12 inches.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 11:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Locks of Love then get a cute layer
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 4:08 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I would cut it, and then layer it. Good luck!
    abra

Answer by abra at 5:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If you are feeling risky donate it, im a hairdresser and it always gets me when someone does that. its amazing, it can be color treated hair though..
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• what a very generous donation your hair would make - they need to take at least 9 inches - how would you feel about that? Good Luck in your decision.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011