Juggling Everything!!

Hey there,
My biggest challenge of becoming a new mommy is juggling everything, and I'm not even going to back to work so I think I'm in need of some help! Between taking care of the babe, cooking meals, cleaning the house, getting out to foodshop, getting to a mommy's group once a week.....I feel over whelmed alot and If I don't get these things accomplished everyday I'm hard on myself and the reason why I am is because I always seem to feel better when I do get things accommplished. How do you do it?

Mommy102710

Asked by Mommy102710 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can be overwhelming! I make lists of things I have to do, it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I can cross them off. I also try to have one day a week where I don't have to do much of anything, it really helps take some of the pressure off.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• it is really hard at first but it does get easier. There are going to be days where the baby needs you way more than cleaning the house that's just a fact. There are going to be days where you just are to tired to do everything that's just a fact. Things need to get done but you are only one person trying to do it all. The days you do get it done feels great the days not everything gets done, well there is tomarrow :) .. I have an awsome Husband that helps out a lot that makes it a lot easier. Don't be affraid to say hey can you help me please... If he is sitting down and I am runny around getting things done, I ask him to change the washer and dryer.... If I am busy durring the week I get home and he has the floors swept and mopped for me.... I can get this all done myself but it is great to have the help!!! Just relax and enjoy your baby, they are not small long and you wont get these moments back so skip a load of laundry!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I used to be a SAHM . Now I work outside the home and have 2 kids, one on the way. When I stayed home with my 3 year old and newborn, I made spreadsheets. One with a menu, so I always knew what to make for breakfast, lunch and dinner without wasting time trying to decide. I made one with chores. I designated a couple of things each day so I wouldn't get worn out, but the house would be clean. I didn't do play groups because there were none in my area, but tbh, most are only once a week and under 2 hours at a time, surely that can fit in if it's important. If not, skip it. Until 12mo your baby will be ok without other babies! Also, remember you dont have to hold the baby 24/7... my mom has a hard time babysitting for me because she thinks the kids need her to talk to them the entire time, when really they just want to play on their own. Most importantly, develop a routine for YOURSELF. Even if it's just 30 min. in the evening!
    Chantibug

Answer by Chantibug at 4:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I like the idea of the spreadsheets, must help you eat better too, I try to make lists for dinner and plan out the whole week that way I know exactly what to buy when I foodshop, who ever thought being a SAHM would require such organization LOL...luckily I'm sickly organized my husband hates it and loves it at the same time, my DD is 10 weeks old and he is just now starting to realize that she does need a routine, he wasn't getting it!! I agree, I don't think a baby needs to be held all hours of the day and according to everyone in my family my DD is a good baby, though I think she tends to be goo when she's with them, but to me she is a whiney baby, she doesn't cry alot she actually whines alot....the second you start to talk to her or pick her up and walk around she's happy....maybe she takes care of her mother and gets bored easily and has a hard time just relaxing LOL! Anyways thank you ladies for the tips!
    Mommy102710

Comment by Mommy102710 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011